Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Week Three - PHOTOS AND IMAGES

Thing #7 - Technology related blog post

So here's my chance to wax eloquently on some technological aspect of life I love. Hands down, it's Mapquest, Google Maps or any other website that gives directions - and reverses them for you so you can find your way back. Being that I was born with no sense of direction whatsoever, and we have yet to get a GPS devise for our car (another nifty technological feat), I am so thankful to not have to constantly refer to my Thomas Guide and AAA maps that were once littered in my car. I seriously believe these sites were created with me, personally, in mind. Thank you NASA.

I also love my ipod. My music, my downloads, my ability to listen to Fresh Air and This American Life and other NPR favorites despite the fact I'm working while they're on or otherwise occupied on a Saturday. I can also hook my ipod up in my car and listen while traveling - it's all great. There's not enough minutes in the day to utilize all the fabulous technology available to us!

Oh, and as I get ready to publish this post, I'll add one more thing that technology has brought us - spell checking!

LLL2

3 comments:

Lynne921 said...

OK, so how pathetic am I posting a comment on my own comment - but - I had to add that Guitar Hero is now on my list of technology loves. One of my kids got it for Christmas and I finally got a chance to play today. I know how to play guitar already, but this is totally fun. Love it!

librarymum said...

Hi lll2!
This is the first day I have seen your blog and I'm one of your cheerleaders! It looks like you are going great and having wonderful fun. I'll keep reading and letting you aren't the only one reading your blog.

Librarymum of PageSpace

librarymum said...

Hi again,

I wanted to let you know that I too love the online maps and the iPod. I have always been the person in the car who did know how to get to places, but these maps give us so much more and make traveling so much easier to plan. I get a kick out of the small oddities that crop up in the driving directions sometimes. Finding out how to get around in other cities is such a useful thing.

You inspire me to use my iPod more. I am working on getting a way to download audiobooks in the library, the way they do at many public libraries, and meanwhile, I can listen to Pride and Prejudice as I "learn" the ins and outs of the process.

Read you soon!
Librarymum of PageSpace