Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Week One -LIFE LONG LEARNING HABITS

Thing #1
Read the "about" the program section - check!
Thing #2
View Pointers from Lifelong Learners tutorial and post about easiest and hardest habit - check and see below.


Hi all!

I'm a little late to the party, but I'm ready to start the 2.0 Fun!

After viewing the Pointers From Lifelong Learners tutorial, I have to say the easiest habit for me is accepting responsibility for my own learning. I love learning new things. I think it makes me a more interesting and happy person. I am right now starting my 2nd year of work towards my MLIS at San Jose State, and as much work as this is, and as hard as it is, I love it. I also realize that any new skills and technology that I can acquire through my current job is my responsibility to learn and apply towards my current situation. I love learning new things (have I said this enough?!), and I get excited at the prospect of what I can do with the knowledge I acquire.

The hardest thing for me is to look at problems as challenges. In my life, since there is so much going on with school, work and my 4 kids, 2 of whom are teenagers, any little snag in the mix tends to throw me a bit, and I really don't look at problems as good things. I suppose I could try harder to find a different way of looking at things and see problems as challenges. It can't hurt!

LLL2

No comments: