Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Week Four - RSS AND NEWSREADERS

Thing #8 - Learn about RSS Readers and set up a bloglines account

Well, before I forget, here's my account:
http://www.bloglines.com/public/LatteLoverLibrary2


So as you can see, I have set up my account. What a great way to stay in tune to what's going on in all different aspects of life, be they professional or personal. I can also see how you can potentially get consumed with information even if you have it organized in such a way that the information is available in a nice neat organized way. I guess the key is to subscribe to the thngs that you know you'll have a chance to look at.

It kind or reminds me of my magazine subscription to the New Yorker. The New Yorker is a publication I have a always enjoyed, but as more and more things began adding to my life (kids, a job, school), I was not able to get to reading them. I would keep them in a pile that was a constant reminder of my inability to read them, therefore becoming one more thing I hopelessly failed at.

I can see though, how if you get onto the right feed, good information finds its way to you, instead of the other way around.

One Question - I was confused about adding to my Bloglines account from the San Jose Mercury News Feeds. When I clicked on the link, I was brought to a live list of blogs from others in Library Learning 2.0. Am I to add one of these on as one of my feeds, or was the intent to get an actual news feed from the San Jose Mercury News? This is unclear to me. Let me know.

Otherwise, I also added my blogroll over on the right. I'll be playing with this a bit more.

Alright then, I guess I should go read some of my new feeds - maybe I'll even prepare of the recipies from the recipe blog (cooking for my family is another catastrophic failure of mine)!

LLL2

No comments: