Sunday, January 6, 2008

Week Five - PLAY WEEK

Thing #11 - Explore Web 2.0 award-winning applications and Ning

So, this has been a lot of fun. I noticed a few of the award winners that I already knew about or use, and I wanted to explore something that I was unfamiliar with so, I went to Pandora Radio. I had a lot of fun finding out about the Music Genome Project, and creating some internet radio stations unique to my own musical tastes. Pretty easy, and pretty fun. The upcoming semester at SJSU just got a little more interesting, as I spend hours on my computer, and do a lot better with music (too much stillness makes me go a little crazy). I'm really glad I found this site (it's playing right now!).

I also went to Ning, and set up an account and played around a bit looking at the various genres of social networks. There really wasn't that much that appealed to me in terms of joining something, it just seems like one more "thing" to check in with and keep up with that I can do without right now. Really great concept though.

Finally, I went to check out my travel IQ, admittedly, geography is not one of my strengths so I only got to level 4. Between this and Freerice.com, I'm anticipating a boost to my vocabulary and geography knowledge base!

LLL2

No comments: