Monday, March 31, 2008

Week Nine - PODCASTS, VIDEO AND DOWNLOADABLE AUDIO

Thing #23 - Copyright, Creative Commons and Congratulations

OK, so for this discovery exercise, I'm going to need a hint. Maybe it's obvious, but I'm not quite sure what is being asked about finding the example or attribution about the program being altered. Anyway, I totally get it about attributing credit for work cited, used or otherwise referenced. I actually spends lots and lots of time making sure any idea, wording or information I reference is properly cited through my SJSU classes.

I also sat through the Disney video about copyright which was fun for a a minute or two, but hard to watch in its entirety - so that's got to count for something!

I did enjoy working on the 23 things, and have definitely taken away some useful tools that I can use in my personal, academic and professional life. The importance of continuing to learn and apply the things I learn to what I do is critical. Keeping up with technology only serves the purpose of working in the field of libraries and information.

One of my favorites is the delicious bookmarking site. I even journaled about my LIBR202 tags that gave my professor good laugh (that LIBR202 is a delicious tag!) and me full points on my journal. I also really liked learning about the free audio books. If I start going back over all the things I take away from this, it's hard to pick a top 5 or even 10 list. I guess I can say that I take away a renewed sense of continuing to learn be it on my own, through school or through programs like this one.

I look forward to SchoolLibraryLearning3.0!

6 comments:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Congratulations! You have successfully completed School Library Learning 2.0 and have joined the CSLA 2.0 Team. Your blog has been moved over to the "Congratulations! 2.0 Team" list. Best wishes to you as you continue on your discovery learning journey. Keep on blogging and cheering along your colleagues.

HINT: On the right column of each page of School Library Learning 2.0 is a paragraph giving credit to Helene Blowers and citing Creative Commons License.
- Jackie Siminitus
CSLA 2.0 Team project manager

Lynne921 said...

I did see the paragraphs giving credit, but was looking for something more embedded. Clearly, I was overlooking the obvious!

Liz Dodds said...

Congratulations on finishing!

Libladylib said...

Congratulations! 3.0? How about Web 2.1 http://explorediscoverplay.blogspot.com/
Here are more "things, starting with "thing 24. Click on The Thing on the right side.

Keep blogging here. I love to read your posts.

Cocoa Cowboy said...

Latte Lover.

Congrats on finishing. You've alos inspired me to finish. You've been much busier than me, so I have no excuse.

See ya after the break.

Cocoa out!

librarymum said...

Congratulations on finishing the 23 things. I've been surprised at how many new things I discover now after I finished this course. This course helps you to find more new things. It's all a part of that life long learning thing we all read about back when we started.

Looking forward to reading you here!