Friday, March 14, 2008

Week Six - TAGGING FOLKSONOMIES & TECHNORATI

Thing 13 - Learn about tagging - discover delicious

OK, it's been a while. I was going fine on my blogging, but then school started, and between work, school and family - wow - I haven't had too much of a chance to work on this!

I did start a delicious account when this past semester at SJSU started. I am currently taking LIBR 202 which is database design and information retrieval behaviors - so much information too manage - not unlike the information problems we face everyday!

Delicious is a great way to organize information. Each week we are given a list of readings, websites and other various pieces of information. It is up to us to keep it all in order. Although there are links in various folders on our discussion boards, I find that keeping a list of websites on my delicious account with the tags of LIBR202 for the various sites that offer definitions and general overview of IR helps me keep these sites readily available. I use the tag LIBR202searchengines for another group of webpages that I will need to access as the course progresses. I even wrote about delicious in one of my journal entries that we must post on a discussion board . It's a great tool.

2 comments:

Cocoa Cowboy said...

Latte Lover is back!!! Yeah.

So why aren't you sharing your delicious site?

Cocoa Cowboy

librarymum said...

Great to have you back blogging here.

Del.icio.us is great and I found it very useful too for a class I was taking. I didn't have a lot of luck with Technorati, as I guess it doesn't really fit with anything I'm doing at school right now or personally. I think del.icio.us could be great for projects for students. Have you had time to try to get students to create an account and tag sites for assignments? I hope we can all share how to use it with students.